Mission & Philosophy
At St. Bridget of Kildare School, we are committed to the New Evangelization, growing our Catholic faith, personal sanctification, and educational excellence in a climate that encourages growth in character and Christian Virtue.
St. Bridget of Kildare School finds its educational mission centered in the life of Jesus. “In Jesus, the Church invites all people into communion with the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit and into the mission of transforming all of life into God's Kingdom" (Philosophy of Catholic Education).
We are called:
- to proclaim the Message revealed by God through Jesus Christ;
- to live as a community of faith, sharing the Tradition of the Church and supporting one another through the challenges of human life;
- to be of service to God, Church, school, and neighbors, helping each individual to grow toward his/her full potential;
- to worship;
- to respond to God’s overwhelming love as stewards of His gifts.
Education in St. Bridget of Kildare School includes an effort to develop the values, knowledge, and skills needed for life.
The learner is invited:
- to study and interpret all knowledge and human experiences in light of faith;
- to realize his/her obligation to spread the Gospel message;
- to experience the relationship between personal morality and social morality and the need to work for peace, mercy, and justice;
- to receive the message of hope contained in the Gospel;
- “to transform oneself and society . . . through personal sanctification and social reform with God’s help” (To Teach as Jesus Did, p. 3).
We believe that parents are the primary educators of their children in knowledge and faith. This effort is shared with members of St. Bridget of Kildare Parish and the universal Church. Each educator is committed to professional excellence and spiritual growth which has the power to transform the individual and society. This faith community will provide the learning environment, leadership, resources, and spiritual climate to guide the students to recognize, celebrate, and share their gifts as disciples of Christ in a global community.
Educational excellence is an inherent part of our Catholic identity. We strive to create a Catholic Christian educational environment conducive to the spiritual, moral, intellectual, social, emotional, physical, and aesthetical growth of each student committed to the care of St. Bridget School. In those instances where the needs of the child require special services, the school collaborates with the parents and the local public school district or other agencies to identify appropriate services or placement matching the child’s needs.
Educating for today and tomorrow entails developing habits of thought and study and concepts and skills that support life-long learning. This requires the ability to adapt to change and to embrace new technologies and methods.